Creating new songs
Songs are stored using the OpenSong file format. You can find out more at:http://www.opensong.org/home/file-formats
To create a new song, open the 'Settings' menu and choose 'SONG', then click on 'New'. You will then be prompted for a song title, which will also be used for the name of the file for the song. You can also choose a folder to save the song into.
Once you have created a new song, you will be presented with the Edit Song window Make sure you save any changes.
Songs created in the App contain all of the information available in the full desktop application.
The 'Lyrics' field is where you enter the song content.Chord lines should start with .
Lyric lines should start with a space
Comment lines should start with a ;
Sections should start with [..] tags
Tags that are automatically recognised are:
- [V], [V1], [V2], [v], [Verse] etc. are recognised as verse tags
- [C], [C1], [C2], [c], [Chorus] etc. are recognised as chorus tags
- [P] is recognised as a pre-chorus tag
- [B] is recognised as a bridge tag
- [T] is recognised as a tag/end tag
- [...] other tags are set to 'custom'
Guitar tab lines can also be added. They are a customised comment line that must follow a specific format. Check out the Using guitar tab page
A simple song would look like...
.G C D
This is the verse
.C D G
.Em C D
And the chorus
.Em C D
And again the chorus